**I will still be picking weekly giveaway winners on Mondays from comments on posts throughout the week. I just won't be putting the disclaimer at the top of every post ;) Keep those comments coming!
Welcome back to the DCWV Diary! I hope everyone is having a great week. I love getting home from a trip and having things calm down a bit. Clean up my offices, catch up on emails and computer work. Just breath! I was in the office yesterday and peeked in to find CHA SUMMER 2012 booth in full swing! I am so excited for the theme....I think I will be smiling the entire week :) :) :) You will have to wait to see what we are up to! Speaking of CHA booths...
I have another tutorial to share with you today! Do you remember the back wall of our CHA booth where our meeting rooms are?
I love how it turned out, it really does look like a tropical garden! Made out of paper of course :)
Today's tutorial is for these beautiful Birds of Paradise flowers. Sometimes I just don't know how the girls come up with these things! You could make some of these flowers and put them in a vase on your table for spring! You would for sure impress everyone :)
Bird of Paradise Flower
Supplies & Tools:
· DCWV 12”X12” TAJ MAHAL STACK
· DCWV 12”x12” SHIMMER CARDSTOCK STACK
· DCWV BIRD OF PARADISE FLOWER TEMPLATE
· BLUE MOON BEADS—LARGE PURPLE ROUND BEAD
· BEADING WIRE
· PAPER PIERCER
· PAPER CRAFTING ADHESIVE (INCLUDING HOT GLUE)
1. PRINT AND CUT OUT THE DCWV BIRD OF PARADISE FLOWER TEMPLATE PIECES.
2. SELECT 2 COORDINATING SOLIDS (2 SHEETS OF 1 AND 1 SHEET OF THE OTHER) FROM THE 12”X12” SHIMMER CARDSTOCK STACK AND 1 PRINT FROM THE 12”X12” TAJ MAHAL STACK.
3. TRACE THE 1ST 2 PIECES OF THE TEMPLATE ONTO THE BACK OF THE FIRST SOLID; CUT OUT. FOLD THE 1ST PIECE ALONG THE SCORE LINES TO CREATE THE BODY OF THE FLOWER. FOLD THE BACK ENDS IN AND ADHERE IN PLACE TO CREATE A POCKET. SET THE 2ND PIECE ASIDE FOR LATER.
4. TAKE THE DUPLICATE SHEET OF CARDSTOCK USED IN STEP 3 AND ROLL IT INTO A TUBE. SECURE THE END WITH STRONG ADHESIVE. USING THE IMAGE AS A REFERENCE, ADHERE THE PIECES FROM STEP 3 IN PLACE ON TOP, USING THE SMALLER PIECE TO BRIDGE THE GAP BETWEEN THE TUBE AND THE POCKET.
5. TRACE THE NEXT 3 PIECES FROM THE TEMPLATE ONTO THE BACK OF THE 2ND COLOR; CUT OUT. CREATE A TIGHT POCKET FOR THE BEAD WITH THE 2ND AND 3RD PIECE. ADHERE THE BEAD IN THE CENTER OF THESE 2 PIECES. ADHERE THIS SET TO THE TOP OF THE LARGER PIECE FROM STEP 4. FOLD THE 1ST PIECE ALONG THE SCORE LINE AND ADD THIS TO YOUR GROUPING WITH THE POINTED PIECE RUNNING PARALLEL TO THE POCKET.
6. TAKE THE LAST 4 PIECES FROM THE TEMPLATE AND TRACE THEM ONTO THE BACK OF THE PRINTED PIECE, TRACING 3 OF THEM TWICE. CUT OUT. CURL THEM BACK WITH YOUR PENCIL. USING THE IMAGE AS A REFERENCE, ADHERE THESE IN PLACE AS DESIRED.
Have a wonderful day! Tomorrow will be my FOXY post for those who want to know how in the world we ended up with a rescue dog :)